Renewal by Andersen replacement windows are made from Andersen Window’s patented Fibrex® material. Fibrex is a composite material that combines the strength of wood with the low-maintenance of vinyl.
Key benefits of Fibrex material:
- Low maintenance: no need to scrape or paint again. Warranted not to flake, rust, blister, peel, crack, pit or corrode.
- Fibrex is an excellent insulating material, preventing heat or cold transfer into or out of your home.
- The strength of Fibrex material allows for narrower frames resulting in more glass area.
- Fibrex material contains over 40% reclaimed wood fiber, reducing impact on the environment
- Fibrex material is resistant to changes in temperature. It doesn’t expand and contract like other window materials (ex: vinyl and aluminum.)
- Available in 22 standard color combinations and in stainable wood interiors including oak, maple and engineered pine.
Want to know even more about Fibrex?
Check out this article filled with information about what happens when innovative Fibrex material meets solar electricity technology.