Which Renewal by Andersen replacement window is right for you?
Are full frame replacement windows the best choice, or do you simply need an insert window replacement? Our guide below should shed some light on the choice that best suites your home.
Insert Window Installation
An insert window is a replacement window that is installed into an existing frame opening.
Insert window installation is the best choice when:
- The old window sill and frame are square and in good condition.
- The insert can be installed into the existing construction in a way that is structurally sound.
- Casing and trim need to remain in place during the installation.
Full Frame Window Installation
e window is a replacement window installed by removing the entire existing window and installing all new components.
Full frame window installation is the best choice when:
- The old window frame is deteriorated.
- A larger opening is required by fire codes.
- You want to maximize energy efficiency by replacing an old frame.
- The existing window frame doesn’t lend itself to insert installation.
The difference between buying a full frame window replacement or an insert window could be the difference in saving a good amount of money. However, if your current window frame is not fitted properly, leaks, or is damaged you will be much better off with a full frame replacement. Here at Renewal by Andersen Now, our experts can help you make the right decision for your unique home improvement goals. Call today and schedule an in home consultation where we give you all the right information you need to make the best choice possible when deciding between full frame vs insert windows for your New England home in Massachusetts, Connecticut or Rhode Island.